Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lessons From Zoey

I was inspired by this piece by Amy Lyles Wilson and decided to make my own list of 'Lessons Learned.' Here are some things I have learned from Zoey:

Things are more fun if laughing and bouncing are involved.

'Do you want more Goldfish?' is a rhetorical question.

It feels good to be naked.

Naps are necessary.

When you fall on your butt, just get back up and keep going.

Cats do not like to be force fed a snack -- no matter how tasty.

The bath is the best part. Combing out the hair? Not so much.

Balance is over rated.

There are worse things than taking food out of the dogs mouth and eating it. Like eating a snail (Hi Corey!).

Books are multifunctional: good story, good pictures, good snack.

Sometimes you just have to cry about it.

You should never let gravity dictate your actions.

You should always have hope -- maybe this time you won't fall.

Dancing is good. Even if there's no music.

Chasey chase and tickling are a good use of time.

Flowers, dogs, and animal crackers are legitimate causes of excitement.

Sometimes you need to hold someone's hand to get over a bump.

It's good to welcome people home with a hug.


4 comments:

  1. Excellent list. I'll print this and tape it to my desk next to the Desiderata.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true. I can't believe all that I have learned from the kids. Like how little sleep I can function on, but then how much a hug from them I really *need*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoey needs to teach a class! She has wisdom beyond her year...

    ReplyDelete