Friday, June 10, 2011

FTW!


Today Zoey requested a special setup for lunch. She wanted a small, round table brought into the kitchen so she and baby could have lunch together. "Mommy," she said, "Push the table up against the wall so no one else can sit with us." Then she looked at me pointedly.

So after much rearranging, we all sat down to our lunches. Separately. Baby was having grass and mushrooms from the yard, Zoey was having grilled cheese with pesto pasta stuffed inside and prunes (it was a, uh, hard morning), and I was having yogurt and fruit. Zoey chatted up Baby for a bit but then it got quiet which was rather enjoyable. For one of us.

"Mommy!" Zoey pushed back from the table. "I'm not having such good fun over her with this Baby. I'm coming to sit with yooooouuuuu!" Zoey carefully carried her plate and juice box over to the table and sat next to me. "Yup," she said while scooting herself in, "This is good. You are better at talking than baby. Also, you are fun. Very, very fun." Did you catch that? Did you? I AM BETTER THAN BABY. And I AM VERY VERY FUN. Ha!

So you know this whole parenting thing? I. AM. WINNING. For today anyway. Or, more likely, for 5 minutes during lunch time. But I'll take it.

5 comments:

  1. Jos - you're great at talking, and very very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Josh. You always leave the best comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true, you ARE better than Baby. I've always said that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I wish daily you still lived nearby so we could have lunchtime chats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate,
    Me too! *sigh* I miss you!

    ReplyDelete